I have a few things this morning, a couple of job postings as well as a press release or two! First the JOBS! These job openings are sent to us directly from Harry Winston, should you be interested in one of these positions please let them know that you got the info in the Jewelry Camp Newsletter!!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN & PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE. Call Sandy to get started...631-471-1922 or 631-377-9766
Title: Associate Appraiser
Department: Estate Jewelry
Reporting to: Manager, Estate Jewelry
Location: 718 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
I. Job Summary:
The primary purpose of the Associate Appraiser is to provide support in the operational activities of the Estate Jewelry department for retail sales support, auction reporting, purchasing and sales, special client services and estate jewelry sourcing.
II. Key Duties, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities: (in order of importance)
Retail Services Support
· Provide Retail Replacement Valuations for all new purchases as requested by the global retail salon network.
· Produce Updated Retail Replacement and Estate valuations as priced by the Manger of Estate Jewelry.
Auction Purchasing and Sales
· Produce reports for diamonds, colored gemstones and Harry Winston jewelry offered at the International Auction Houses.
· Distribute auction market data to relevant parties with Harry Winston, Inc.
· Assist in identifying diamonds, colored gemstones and Harry Winston jewelry for potential purchase.
Special Client Services
· Assist with providing special services such as authentication or historical information to the trade and private clients.
· Respond to web, telephone and walk-in client inquiries.
· Assist with purchasing and sourcing estate jewelry from private clients and the trade.
· Track and report on items purchased by the department.
· Organize and maintain archive stock cards, job books, vintage catalogues and advertisements.
· Utilize archived information for the purposes of authentication and/or manufacturing.
· Assist in the preparations of Harry Winston and Estate Jewelry lectures and presentations.
III. Key Job Relationships:
· Internal: The candidate will report directly to the Manager of Estate Jewelry.
· Internal: The candidate will work closely with the global salon staff, merchandise planning, gem acquisition and merchandise fulfillment.
· External: The candidate will work with private clients and the jewelry trade.
IV. Job Qualifications:
· Graduate Gemologist required.
· College degree preferred.
· 1-2 years of luxury retail experience, jewelry preferred.
· Strong administrative skills, particularly writing skills.
· Committed to client service and sales executive support.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other standard Windows based programs as well as diverse general knowledge in utilizing computer functions.
Please forward all resumes to Iris Negron, HR Manager at email@example.com.
35th Annual “Jewelry Camp” to Take Place July 27-29, 2012,
in Westchester County, New York
For Immediate Release
Based in New York, Mr. Lewand is responsible for driving the global business strategy of Keno Auctions jewelry division. Mr. Lewand endeavors to create and encourage “an innovative and forward-thinking team that can capture rapidly-growing market opportunities, as well as the shifting focus of jewelry auctions worldwide”.
Mr. Lewand is a recognized authority in the area of jewelry appraisal and consultation, a reputation achieved through an extensive background of both training and actual experience, having attained his Graduate Gemologist diploma from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and has since embarked on a career in the industry spanning more than 30 years. His credentials include work as an appraiser, educator, consultant, gemstone and estate buyer and expert witness. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), a Certified Appraiser with the Appraisers Association of America (AAA), and a licensed insurance broker in New York State. Mr. Lewand has lectured and taught on jewelry and appraisals at organizations including universities, trade groups, appraisal associations, and insurance companies. He presently offers an independent appraisal and consultation service for private and trade clients and serves as the Director of the Antique Jewelry and Art Conference (Jewelry Camp).