Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Position Open at Bonham's
Senior Specialist - Jewelry
Bonhams & Butterfields is an auction house that specializes in the appraisal and sale of fine jewelry, art, antiques, and all types of collectibles. We are located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York. The Bonhams group of auction houses is number three in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist for our Jewelry department in Los Angeles. This person will conduct appraisals, negotiate contracts, and meet acquisition and marketing goals The appropriate candidate will have knowledge and appraisal experience and will be asked to conduct selections for sale, fair market and insurance appraisals, to negotiate contracts, and work closely with the entire Jewelry team. This is a “hands-on” role with direct contact with the property.
· Graduate Gemologist degree - G.I.A. required.
· Auction House experience preferred.
· Appraisal ability - knowledge of both wholesale and retail jewelry pricing required.
· Relationships with established dealers and collectors in the jewelry field required.
· Thorough knowledge of gem identification, metals testing and antique jewelry styles and periods.
· Strong written and verbal communication, and networking skills
· Detail-oriented, well-organized and ability to prioritize and meet scheduled deadlines.
· Ability to travel about 35% of the time.
This is a full time position and exempt from overtime. Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short/long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject box “Senior Specialist - Jewelry”.